Thursday, September 5, 2013

When Comfort is a Bad Thing

I'm sitting in my cozy office, roughly the size of the bedroom I share, and it occurred to me why I don't like this office.  I loved it for a minute, and then it stopped quite suddenly.  The temperature of the office seems just a little colder every day that I'm in here, and I start to realize that I hate being comfortable.

From the office, to the temperate Nashville weather, to the daily expected 30 minute storm, to the southern comfort and hospitality that's shoved down your throat with the gallons of sweet tea, I hate how comfortable I am.  The last few months have been so easy to deal with, it hurts.

I learned from a young age how to grow from challenges in life, and I'm finding myself ready to jump into the unknown and do things I'm not entirely sure I can do just to feel important and alive.  I'd give anything for just a hint of self-doubt every now and then, just so that the prize is that much more satisfying.

If you don't have any hard edges in your life, then what's so great about the successes?  How do you appreciate the little things?  I didn't know how much I needed to be challenged in life until right now.  Give me something to work with here, people.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment