Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reading the Fine Print

Today was such a long day!  I have a lot to talk about, though!  First, I have some of the best friends in the world, and my suitemate, Jenna was so nice to come down to Grand Rapids today to visit my mom with me.  My mom had surgery today to get a lump removed from her breast.  Everything went really well, and the doctor said that he was very confident that the lump was not cancerous!  Good news!

We also got a nice home cooked meal from my aunt, which I miss quite a bit.  I am very sick of dorm food.  Of course about two hours later, we ruined that by stopping at Culver's on our way back to Ferris.  It was necessary.

I also learned a lesson or two this week about paying attention to details.  I have been waiting for a long time for CMT to put up their 2011 application for download, but every time I looked at it, it said 2010.  Turns out, they didn't change the link, but they changed the inside information.  The application is due on the 28th with two letters of recommendation.  Bye, CMT.  It's too late to intern there.

I have also been working on an application for the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.  I went to put the application with my letters of recommendation together, and learned that I also need an official transcript.  Now I have to pick up my transcript (after paying $8) tomorrow at 1pm and get it in the mail before the mail gets picked up (even though I have class until 2:45), so it can be overnighted to D.C., where it is due on friday.  Lesson learned: READ THE FINE PRINT

I'm really bad at that some days.  That's why I don't like math, and I don't like True/False questions.  I forget little details sometimes.

I also had a great conversation with my friend Robin today.  She might go intern at Rock Hard with me this summer!  She helped me decide on the Advertising major thing.  If I really like Rock Hard, I am going to keep my advertising certificate and get a Film Studies minor.  If I don't really like Rock Hard, I'm going to get the Advertising degree.  I can't stay in school forever, as much as I would like to believe that's true.  If i had my way, I would get an advertising degree and the film studies minor.

I am super excited to be going to bed before midnight tonight.  I can't remember the last time that happened..

"That's All For Now, Folks!"
I don't want to bore you.  Although if you're bored, you really should've just stopped reading...
-AK

No comments:

Post a Comment