Sunday, October 30, 2011

Why Fall Semester is draining


The desk is my life.  I’m having the best weekend though.  I made a good life choice and gave up my night shift on friday night so I could take a night off from my life at school and visit some of my good friends in Kalamazoo.  I met my friend’s new boyfriend, who is really nice, and we all watched a really cheesy Halloween movie that was made in 1987.  It was so nice not to care for one night and just relax with good friends.  I don’t ever go to parties at school, and me and my friends don’t drink.  I like being focused on my future at school, and aside from that, when you have to work at 2:30am every night on the weekends, it’s really stupid to drink.  
Being focused all the time gets tiring, though, and I really needed that one night to not focus on school.  I didn’t even bring my laptop to kzoo.  Now, I am drastically behind.  I have a test on Monday and another on Tuesday.  When I’m not in class this week, you can find me doing promo for Autumn Alive (which is on Thursday).  After Thursday, my motivation (which is already running low) will plummet.  Once you work a cool show like that, you don’t want to go to class anymore, you just want to graduate so you can do that every day (and get paid for it).
So, I’ve had my night off, and I came back to school just in time to work a couple hours this afternoon.  I then proceeded to sleep from 4pm-7:45pm.  I now have to be at the desk until 7:30am, so I guess that kinda worked out?  Welcome to my sleep-deprived life.  One can only hope that I can be somewhat productive tonight.  It's already been 4 hours and all I’ve done is watch the new Big Bang Theory episode.  
My motivation levels require a fall break (like that’ll ever happen).  Regardless of my hatred of Fall semester and its lack of breaks, I’m still having a good weekend.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment